Taranaki Steelformers 100 Mile Run Event Information
November 3rd & 4th 2017 Start time 5.00pm Full event details
- The only 100 mile road running event in New Zealand.
- Opus International certified 100 mile course.
- $1000 to the first Male and first Female to finish.( Conditions apply- minimum of 5 entrants in each category)
- The 100 mile feature will run in conjunction with the existing all night all day Taranaki Steelformers Around the Mountain Relay Event.
- Buckles for finishers
- The course will be the same as the existing route with the exceptions being:
- The start line will be 8.km from the relay Start / Finish/ Line leaving at 5.00pm
- At Kaponga solo runners will travel down Manaia Rd to Manaia and then follow the Manaia /Opunake Rd to Opunake and then follow the existing course to the finish at New Plymouth.
- Times will be recorded at most transitions. The early transition areas may not be available.
- Participants must be finished by 6.00pm to be eligible for major spot prizes
- Final cut off time for an official finish time will be 8.00pm.
- Participants need to be self supporting. If you need help in this regard please contact us and we will try and get some local help for you.
- We have 21 transition stations for the relay teams which have Horleys electrolyte and water, which is available to all participants.
- Entry fee $100.00
- Online entry from this site available now.
- Run briefing for Solo managers 3.00pm at the TSB Stadium Mason Drive Friday 3rd Nov 2017.
During the hours of darkness all competitors must wear reflective clothing and run/walk on the left hand side of the road. Solo entrants must provide your own head lamp. For added safety each Solo entrant will be issued with a flashing light at registration. These lights clip onto the back of your clothing and must be worn by all competitors during darkness.
Check-out www.plymouth.co.nz for information on our main accommodation Sponsor in New Plymouth.
Information about New Plymouth
Back to top